MELİKGAZİ ŞEHİT HÜSEYİN DANACI ADULT LEARNING CENTER
Melikgazi Halk Eğitim Merkezi (Melikgazi Adult Learning Center) was founded in 1989 with the purpose to organize and carry out vocational, social and cultural courses as well as school curriculum based learning courses for the people of all ages and the adult students studying at open education secondary and high schools. The official name “Melikgazi Halk Eğitim Merkezi” was changed to Şehit Hüseyin Danacı Halk Eğitim Merkezi in 2016 in memory of a martyr. The adult Learning Centers in Turkey are the public bodies which offer free vocational, social, economic, sports and cultural trainings and courses to meet the interests, demands, skills and expectations of the people of all ages with different education, income, social and cultural background.
These institutions are the educational organizations of the Lifelong Learning Directorate of the Ministry of National Education (MEB) and provide educational services in city centers as well as villages and towns.
This peculiarity and the organizational structure of the adult learning centers make it possible to deliver the adult learning services to the biggest target groups. Furthermore, the adult learning courses and activities in these centers are planned and carried out by the experts and the teachers who work at the educational organizations and schools of the Ministry of National Education.
The following courses are organized and carried out by our organization which is authorized by MEB to certify the adult learners’ proficiency levels according to their achievements in the modular training courses:
– Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Tablet, Computer Hardware),
– Advanced computer skills (Autocad, Photoshop, PLC, Illustrator)
– Stenography course (Fast Keyboard Typing Training)
– Smart board course,
– Graphic and animation based Web development,
– Shoe making course,
– Clothing handicrafts,
– Cooking and hastry,
– Social and cultural courses (Traditional Folk Dances, Efficient Communication, Entrepreneurship,)
– 0-18 years family education course,
– Guitar and bağlama (A traditional Turkish musical instrument),
– Foreign languages,
– Efficient reading and writing,
– 2nd Level literacy course for those who can’t read or write,
– Turkish Language Course for Refugees